- 8 oz. ground raw chicken
- 1/2 c. shredded carrots
- 1/4 c. finely chopped celery or water chestnuts
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. dry sherry
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. grated gingerroot
- 1/2 (16 oz.) pkg. wonton wrappers
- 2 tbsp. margarine or butter, melted
Plumor Sweet & Sour Sauce
- Filling: In a medium skillet cook and stir ground chicken until no pink remains; drain.
- Stir in carrots, celery or waterchestnuts, soy sauce, sherry, cornstarch and gingerroot; mix well.
- Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of the filling atop a wonton wrapper, lightly brush edges with water.
- To shape each wonton, carefully bring 2 opposite points of the square wrapper up over the filling and pinch together in the center.
- Carefully bring the 2 remaining opposite points to the center and pinch together.
- Pinch together edges to seal.
- Place wontons on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush the wontons with melted margarine or butter.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until lightly brown and crisp.
- Serve with
Plumor Sweet & Sour Sauce.